The original house was designed by Sir Edwin Lutyens, a renowned architect of English country houses, in 1904. He was commissioned to build Hudson House as the headquarters of Country Life Magazine, located just behind the famous Covent Garden Market.
It was completed in 1905 and has been much altered, with a major reconstruction occurring during the 1970s when the roof was replaced and an extra floor was added. It is considered that residential use now represents a ‘good fit’ rather than office use, given its layout, location of the core and relative incompatibility.
Client Queensgate Investments
Size 19,786 sq ft